Saturday, February 16, 2013

My Kitchen Window

Rosemary cuttings being rooted in simple recycled planter.


January 31st - Rooted Rosemary
     I had a bunch leftover in a pack I bought from the store so I dipped it in rooting hormone and stuck it in a recycled planter I made myself.



Garlic Cloves Sprouting in a Self Watering Planter.



 February 9th - Planted Garlic
     Some of my garlic cloves started sprouting. Instead of throwing them out I buried them 3/4 in soil. They are also in a recycled bottle planter.




February 13th - Started Stevia
     Stevia is a plant with sweet leaves. My seeds are really old (2001) but I thought I would give them a chance. They are in recycled Bowl of Noodles containers that I poked holes in the bottom of with a toothpick. I covered the top of the planters lightly with kitchen plastic wrap to keep moisture in but not tight enough to restrict air flow.




February 15th - Started Basil
     I had the hankering to plant something. I decided on Sweet Basil since pesto is so amazing.




Left to Right: Rosemary Garlic and Basil in the back, Stevia in front




Check back soon for a picture tutorial on how I made my self watering planters. If your bored check out the new post on the Tiny Tipis Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment