Monday, June 11, 2012

I'm feeling Green Onions

green onions grow vase
Green Onions growing in water

I bought some green onions the other day while I was getting groceries. I love anything in the onion family for cooking. I had seen where people were keeping their store bought green onions in a glass jar with just some water to keep them going. It's a really neat trick if you use green onions on a near daily basis like I do. You simply put the remainder of the white ends with the roots in a vase with water like you would flowers and change the water / trim off any dead parts every other day. I keep 2-3 inches of water in the vase for them and they give me about 3/4 cup of the green tops every week.


Nothing beats fresh!!!

 

 

green onion roots grow in vase
Green Onion Roots in a vase
This is Home for now   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment